You can now do your Estate Planning from the comfort of your own home by Zoom or another video platform. You can even sign it in virtual presence of two witnesses from the comfort of your home. This rule has now become law and permanent as of May 2021. One of the two witnesses on the documents must be a licensed lawyer in Ontario for the documents to be valid.
Il me ferait plaisir de vous aider en français. Les rencontres et les documents peuvent tous être complétées en français si vous préférez.
- You reach out to me to start the process at email@example.com or 343-888-8913. You can also book the initial meeting here (this site shows my current availability).
- After your contact me or book the initial meeting, I will email you two PDFs with instructions. One to collect key financial and family details, and the other with questions to think about prior to our initial virtual meeting or call.
- You return the first PDF by email.
- We have an initial phone call or Zoom conference during which we discuss your estate planning and your instructions for your Wills and Powers of Attorney. This lasts 60 to 90 minutes depending on your questions and our discussion. **This can also be done in person.
- I prepare your draft documents, which are provided to you by email or secure link to my One Drive as you prefer.
- We have a second Zoom meeting to discuss your drafts. **This can also be done in person.
- Once you are satisfied with the contents, I provide you with final PDF version, and you print it. We “meet” through Zoom so that I and another witness can see you sign them.
- I schedule a pick-up at your home so I can then complete post-signing legal requirements.
- I provide complete electronic copies to you of all of the countersigned documents.
For a couple: fees start at $850.00 plus HST for Wills and Powers for Attorney for Care and Property for both (not each).
For an individual: fees start at $550.00 plus HST for a Will and Powers of Attorney.
Disbursements (if any) are charged separately and are discussed with you during our initial meeting.
Dont delay, do your “Wills from Home”!