You can now sign your Will and Powers of Attorney with a lawyer by Zoom (or other video means). On April 7th, 2020, the Government of Ontario late in the day passed an Order in Council, allowing the two required witnesses to be by video conference. This rule will last for the duration of this emergency. One witness must be a licensed lawyer.
Reach out to me to start your estate planning process by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone at 343-888-8913. You can also book the initial meeting here (this site shows my current availability). Il me ferait plaisir de vous aider en français. Les rencontres et les documents peuvent tous être complétées en français si vous préférez.
The process is simple and straightforward:
- You reach out to me or book the initial meeting through the link above.
- I send you a PDF to fill out with important financial and family details and a PDF with questions that we will discuss during our initial virtual meeting or call.
- You return the fillable PDF by email.
- We have an initial phone call or Zoom conference during which we discuss your estate planning and your instructions for your Wills and Powers of Attorney.
- I prepare your draft documents, which are provided to you by email or secure link.
- We have a meeting to discuss your drafts.
- Once you are satisfied with the contents, I provide you with final PDF version, and you print it. We “meet” through Zoom so that I can see you sign them (It is imperative that I see you sign them).
- I schedule a contact-less pick-up at your home so I can then complete the other legal requirements.
For a couple, fees start at $750.00 plus HST for Wills and Powers for Attorney for both.
For an individual, fees start at $500.00 plus HST for a Will and Powers of Attorney.
Disbursements (if any) are charged separately and are discussed with you during our initial virtual meeting. These are rare.
Stay Home and Stay Safe!