Marc manages the process from A to Z, handles all of the client interactions, meets with you (in person or by Zoom, as the situation allows) and is always available to answer your questions throughout the the process.
Here are the broad steps of the buying process with Marc:
1. Find the right property for you.
2. Option 1: If you are working with an agent, he or she will assist you with preparing the offer. You can reach out to me if you have any questions.
Option 2: If you are buying privately through Purple Bricks (or any of the other platforms), reach out to me to assist with preparing an offer to the Vendors. Usual turnaround time for preparation is 24-48 business hours at most.
3. If your offer is accepted, you must now complete your conditions.
Note: Take your time. This is the time when you get to inspect the property, make sure you qualify for a mortgage, make sure that you can insure the property, etc. You can always contact me with any questions.
If you have ANY doubts about your purchase, please contact me BEFORE you waive your conditions. Once you have waived your conditions, it is very difficult to back out of a transaction. If you do, you risk being sued by the Vendor.
4. Once you waive your conditions and the Agreement is firm, please provide me with the final Agreement of Purchase and Sale and any amendments by email to firstname.lastname@example.org (or have your agent provide them to me).
5. To open a file for you, please complete the form located here with all of the relevant information for your purchase (the contents of the form are confidential and are only accessible by me): https://ottawalaw.aidaform.com/purchaseinfo
6. Once I receive your submitted form, I will open a file for you, and you will receive access to a personalized client portal with more information to help with your move.
7. At least three (3) weeks before your closing date, please finalize your financing and insurance for the property. You should sign with your lender at least three (3) weeks before closing. If we receive your instructions less than five (5) business days before closing, a surcharge may apply and be added to your legal fees.
8. At least two (2) weeks before closing, contact all of the utilities which service your new property to set up your accounts. Due to privacy legislation, we only advise the local municipality (and your condo corporation, if applicable) on closing.
9. One (1) week before closing, I will be in touch to set-up an appointment to sign the closing documents. Due to Lender requirements, it is often easier to complete these in person. ***A virtual meeting may be possible depending on the requirements of your Lender***
10. We meet to sign all closing documents and review the financial aspects of your transaction.
11. If we met remotely, you must return the original signed documents and the closing funds to me.
12. I close your transaction and you are now a HOME OWNER.
13. Within a month of closing, you will receive a full reporting letter and copy of all closing documents by email.
If you have any questions about buying, the process or our fees, feel free to reach out to Marc at email@example.com or 343-888-8913.